COLD-FX NHL ALL-STAR FAN BALLOTING
PRESENTED BY 2K SPORTS SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and Canada who are 13 years of age or older. Void in Puerto Rico, outside Canada or the United States and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”), November 15, 2006 and ends at 8:59 PM PT, January 2, 2007. (“Promotion Period”)
1. How to Enter: Go to NHL.com and cast votes for players for the NHL All Star Game by following the onscreen instructions. Then, register for the Sweepstakes. You can also cast votes and register for the Sweepstakes through Verizon Wireless in the United States and through Bell Mobility in Canada on the NHL Wireless Application Protocol (“WAP”) site for each carrier. Verizon Wireless registrants can vote by launching the Mobile Web browser on your Verizon Wireless handset, clicking on Sports, then clicking on NHL Mobile, then clicking on All-Star Balloting and following the instructions on the Mobile Web screen. Bell Mobility registrants can vote by launching the Mobile Web browser on your Bell Mobility cellphone and selecting NHL Mobile, then clicking on All-Star Balloting and following the instructions on the web screen. Votes must be cast during the Promotion Period. You will receive only one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes each time you click to register for the Sweepstakes on NHL.com following each time you vote for players. Voters using Verizon Wireless and Bell Mobility will receive only one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes regardless of the number times they vote for players. Airtime charges vary by carrier. Verizon Wireless subscribers are charged U.S.$5.00 per month for Mobile Web plus airtime charges and coverage is not available in all areas. If you have a Verizon Wireless Vpak monthly subscription, airtime charges will not apply. Bell Mobility subscribers are charged CDN 5¢ per KB while voting and coverage is not available in all areas. If you have a Bell Mobility Unlimited Mobile Browser bundle or a Fuel bundle, airtime charges will not apply. Bell Mobility is not responsible for any additional charges incurred while on the Mobile Browser.
No automatic, programmed or robotic votes will be accepted. The National Hockey League (“Sponsor”) in its sole discretion reserves the right to void any votes that are cast in contravention of these rules or that are designed to compromise the integrity of this Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Employees, directors and officers of the National Hockey League, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., the NHL Member Clubs, CV Technologies Inc., fX Life Sciences International GmbH, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., Verizon Wireless, Bell Mobility Inc. and their respective parent companies, affiliates and their advertising and promotion agencies (collectively “the Excluded Parties”) and members of their immediate families and persons living in the same household are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
3. Winner Selection: Winners will be selected in a random drawing in New York, New York on or about January 3, 2007 at approximately 1:00 p.m. from all eligible entries received. Decisions of the judges are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these official rules and the judges’ decisions. Winners will be notified by e-mail, telephone or text message, depending on method of entry. If an entrant selected in the drawing is a resident of Canada, to be declared a winner, he/she must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone or email. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, and if a potential winner is a resident of Canada and the skill-testing question administered, within three (3) days he/she will be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate entrant.
4. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Prize consists of a three (3) day, two (2) night trip for the winner and one (1) guest to attend the 2007 NHL All Star Game in Dallas, Texas and meet Mark Messier while in Dallas. Trip includes roundtrip (coach) air transportation from a major airport nearest winner’s home, hotel accommodations (one standard room, double occupancy) and ground transportation to and from Dallas airport to hotel. The Approx. Retail Value (“ARV”) is U.S. $1,500, based on sample New York City departure. Travel dates for all trips will be at the discretion of the Sponsor. The actual value may vary based upon point of departure and dates of travel. If the winner resides within a 100-mile radius of his/her destination, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Winner and travel companion must travel together and on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. All costs and expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner, including, without limitation, meals, travel insurance, room service, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, local and long distance telephone calls, merchandise and souvenirs, incidental expenses, additional tips and gratuities, and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s designee on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice at least two (2) weeks prior to departure. In addition, the winner and his/her travel companions are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that he/she may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Travel and lodging are subject to availability and restrictions. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions. FIVE (5) FIRST PRIZES: NHL New York Rangers authentic Mark Messier autographed hockey jersey. ARV: U.S. $250 each. THIRTY FIVE (35) SECOND PRIZES: NHL 2K7 video game for Sony PlayStation 3 or Microsoft Xbox 360 (winner to choose). ARV: U.S. $60 each. Please allow up to eight (8) weeks for delivery of the First or Second Prize. The trip or any of the above listed prize components may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value. Prize elements may not be substituted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received at the time of the drawing. Taxes on or in connection with prizes are solely the responsibility of winner.
5. Conditions of Participation: A Winner, or a winner’s parent/legal guardian if winner is deemed a minor in his/her state/province of residence) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, and a Liability and Publicity Release (where legal) within seven (7) days of notification. If the Grand Prize winner is a minor he/she must be accompanied on the trip by a parent or legal guardian. Grand Prize winner’s guests must execute a Release of Liability and a Publicity Release (where legal) prior to the issuance of travel documents. If any prize winner or winner’s guest is a minor, a parent/legal guardian must sign the necessary releases on his/her behalf. Non-compliance with these requirements may result in disqualification, and prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected at random. In the event that a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected at random.
By participating, entrants release and agree to hold the “Excluded Parties” harmless from any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize or participation in the Sweepstakes. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winner agrees that Sponsor, its affiliates and the NHL Teams may use the winner’s name, address (city, state/province), photograph, videotape, likeness, and/or prize information for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes and to the use of statements made by or attributed to winner relating to the Sponsor, its affiliates or the NHL Teams and grants to the Sponsor, its affiliates and the NHL Teams any and all rights to said use without further notice and/or compensation except where prohibited by law.
6. Internet: The Excluded Parties are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer hardware or software or other technical failures, unauthorized human intervention, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, including without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information regardless of cause. Once submitted, entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all entries affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in respect of Quebec, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel/suspend/modify/terminate the Sweepstakes if it becomes corrupted in any manner, of affected by any other factor, such that it cannot be conducted as originally planned and, in such event, to select winners by random drawing from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor.
In case of dispute as to identity of a winner, entry will be declared made by the registered user/primary account holder of the e-mail or cell phone account, and, if a prize is won and such registered user/primary account holder is a valid entrant, the prize will be awarded to the registered user/primary account holder.
7. Disputes/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that this Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York and: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits (collectively, "Special Damages") may be awarded; and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased.
8. Winners List: To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: National Hockey League, 1251 Avenue of the Americas, 47th Floor, New York, NY 10020, USA, Attention: Vice President, Marketing, to be received by February 28, 2007.
9. Sponsor: Sponsored by NHL Enterprises, L.P., 1251 Avenue of the Americas, 47th Floor, New York, New York 10020.