|Final Rank:||2||Midterm Rank:||3|
|Born:||July 15, 1990|
|Born in:||Massena, NY, USA|
(1st Round / 3rd Overall)
- PLAYER PAGE|
- Ranked second overall among OHL defensemen with 50 assists and was the only defenseman during the 2007-08 OHL season to lead his team in points with 61 (11-50--61).
- Was one of five draft eligible players nominated for the OHL's 2008 Red Tilson Memorial Trophy for most outstanding player – Josh Bailey (Windsor), Drew Doughty (Guelph), Jared Staal (Sudbury) and Steven Stamkos (Sarnia) are also nominees.
- Participated in the CHL Top Prospects Game and the OHL All-Star Classic in 2008.
- Was selected in four categories in 2008 in annual OHL Coaches Poll. He tied with Belleville's Geoff Killing for top defensive defenseman, finished second in offensive defenseman and third in smartest player and hardest worker voting.
- Attended Cushing Academy for the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons where former NHL All-Star Ray Bourque was an assistant coach. He played alongside his older brother, Aaron, as well as Bourque’s son, Ryan -- Aaron Bogosian is currently a freshman at St. Lawrence University.
- His father, Ike, was co-captain of the 1981 Syracuse University football team along with former New York Giant great Joe Morris and his uncle was an All-American football captain at West Point.
- Played for the Massena Minor Hockey Association from the age of three until he was 14.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Mike Tyson, Jessica Alba and Wayne Gretzky.
- Credits his dad for having had the most influence on his career – “he has been there no matter what”.
- He wears the number four because “(he) was a Bobby Orr fan growing up”.
NHL Team: Ottawa Senators
NHL Player: Detroit's Chris Chelios
Goal celebration: “Fist pump”
Practice Drill: Power-play
Video Game: NHL ‘08
Movie: Enemy at the Gates
TV Show: Seinfeld
Actor: Russel Crowe
Artist: Dave Matthews
Book: Harry Potter
Pump-up song: Europe - Final Countdown Techno
Food to cook: Pasta
Sport (other than hockey): Lacrosse
Activity away from the rink: Bowling
Toy growing up: Gameboy
Place to shop: Abercrombie
Place to visit: Florida
Here's your chance to win tickets to the 2013 NHL Draft at Prudential Center on June 30th!
ENTER NOW ›
NHL.com is the official web site of the National Hockey League. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup, Center Ice name and logo, NHL Conference logos and NHL Winter Classic name are registered trademarks and Vintage Hockey word mark and logo, Live Every Shift, Hot Off the Ice, The Game Lives Where You Do, NHL Power Play, NHL Winter Classic logo, NHL Heritage Classic name and logo, NHL GameCenter Live, NHL Network, NHL Mobile name and logo, NHL Radio, NHL Awards name and logo, Hockey Fights Cancer, NHL All-Access Vancouver name and logo, NHL Ice Time, Ice Time Any Time, Ice Tracker and Questions Will Become Answers are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. © NHL 2012. All Rights Reserved. All NHL team jerseys customized with NHL players' names and numbers are officially licensed by the NHL and the NHLPA. The Zamboni word mark and configuration of the Zamboni ice resurfacing machine are registered trademarks of Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc. © Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc. 2012. All Rights Reserved.