- Attended Islanders training camp on a tryout basis and agreed to a one-year contract on Sept. 30
- Named an assistant captain on Oct. 6
- Recorded his first assist/point of the season on Oct. 26 at Pittsburgh
- Suffered a concussion on Dec. 13 at Montreal and missed seven games, returning to the lineup on Dec. 31 vs. Edmonton
- Was scratched with a stomach flu on Feb. 16 at St. Louis
- Became the 279th player in NHL history to reach the 1,000 GP milestone on April 5 vs. Winnipeg
Traded to Boston by St. Louis with Kevin Sawyer for Steve Leach, March 8, 1996. Claimed on waivers by Vancouver from Boston, March 18, 1997. Claimed by Atlanta from Vancouver in Expansion Draft, June 25, 1999. Missed majority of 1999-2000 due to knee injury vs. Colorado, October 23, 1999. Traded to New Jersey by Atlanta for New Jersey's 9th round choice (Simon Gamache) in 2000 Entry Draft, June 12, 2000. Traded to Atlanta by New Jersey for future considerations, July 10, 2000. Signed as a free agent by Edmonton, July 12, 2001. Signed as a free agent by Lulea (Sweden), January 28, 2005. Traded to Calgary by Edmonton for Aaron Johnson and Calgary's 3rd round choice (Travis Ewayyk) in 2011 Entry Draft, March 3, 2010. Missed majority of 2010-11 due to upper body injury. Signed as a free agent by NY Islanders, September 30, 2011 . Officially announced his retirement, July 25, 2012.