• Was one of only nine players to dress in both the first and last games of the season
• Recorded an assist over a season-high 24:29 TOI in the season finale vs. NYI (4/13)
• Missed four games due to a lower-body injury (4/3-4/8)
• Missed eight games with an upper-body injury (12/31-1/18)
• Captured a silver medal with Team Sweden at the 2014 Winter Olympics
• Logged a season-high 23:49 TOI at TOR (12/27)
• Contributed an assist vs. STL (11/19), at MTL (12/7), at BOS (12/21) and at CBJ (1/25)
• Had goals in two straight games (11/2-11/5) for the first time since Jan. 1, 2006 and Jan. 5, 2006
• Registered his first goal of the season vs. ANA (11/2), his first as a Sabre since Mar. 31, 2010
• Tallied his first point of the season with an assist vs. COL (10/19)
• Returned to the lineup vs. MIN (10/14) after missing four games with an upper-body injury (10/5-10/12).
Signed as a free agent by Linkopings (Sweden), September 9, 2004. Signed as a free agent by Bern (Swiss), February 22, 2005. Signed as a free agent by New Jersey, July 1, 2010. Missed majority of 2011-12 due to leg injury vs. Winnipeg, January 17, 2012. Traded to Buffalo by New Jersey for Riley Boychuk, July 7, 2013.
I'm just excited about the opportunity. I've been on the ice earlier than usual and in the weight room, pushing around a little more weights than usual. Every day I go into a workout with a smile on my face and ready to go. When you do have a little more responsibility, you want to take your lunch pail and get ready to work.
— Brian Elliott to Jeremy Rutherford of the Post-Dispatch on being the Blues' No. 1 goalie