|NUMBER:||12||BIRTHDATE:||June 5, 1980 (AGE 34)|
|HEIGHT:||6' 1"||BIRTHPLACE:||Peterborough, ON, Canada|
|WEIGHT:||215||DRAFTED:||OTT / 1998 NHL Entry Draft|
|Shoots:||Right||ROUND:||2nd (44th overall)|
|NHL Foundation Player Award||2011-2012|
- Ended the 2013-14 season by picking up 13 points (3g-10a) in the final 12 games.
- His three assists on April 12 vs. Chicago tied a career high for assists (four times) and points in a game (16 times).
- His 29 assists were a personal best.
- Tallied 20 goals for the sixth time in his career.
- Had two multi-goal games (Dec. 28 vs. L.A and April 4 at Anaheim).
- Led all Preds forwards in ice time (19:45) – nearly three minutes higher than the next closest forward (Hornqvist, 16:51) – tying a career high.
- First among Preds forwards, and fourth in the NHL in blocked shots (73).
- Ranked second among team forwards in hits (144).
- A team-leading 31 (11g-20a) of his his 49 points (20g-29a) came on home ice.
- Tied for second on the team in GWGs (4).
- Finished above 50 percent in the faceoff circle for the first time in the last four seasons.
- A full-time alternate captain in 2013-14.
- Became a spokesman for the I Am Second campaign during the 2013-14 season.
- On Twitter: @MikeFisher1212
Learn more about the personalities of your favorite NHL players. WATCH NOW ›
I feel that responsibility, I've felt it for the last two years. We core guys get a lot of minutes, we get a lot of opportunity out there. Our teammates, the organization and fans look to us to be the guys to put the puck in the net and to create momentum out there.