2011-12 REGULAR SEASON NOTES - Assigned to Worcester on Feb. 2
- Cleared waivers on Jan. 26.
- Reassigned to Worcester on Jan. 19 for conditioning and went 1-1-0 with a 2.47 GAA and .907 save percentage.
- Recalled from his conditioning stint in Worcester on Dec. 23
- Made his first start in Worcester on Dec. 16 and earned a 26-save victory in a 5-1 win at Albany
- Activated from non-roster (injury) player list and assigned to Worcester (AHL) for conditioning on Dec. 12
Jack A. Butterfield Trophy (AHL Playoff MVP) (2005) Olympic All-Star Team (2006) Olympics Best Goaltender (2006) Olympics MVP (2006)
Signed as a free agent by Tampa Bay, July 10, 2009. Signed as a free agent by San Jose, July 1, 2010. Signed as a free agent by Turku (Finland), August 20, 2012. Officially announced his retirement, April 12, 2013.
This is a big year for us in a lot of ways. You can see Garth and management really trying to find that solution to get us into the playoffs and consistently have that. The pressure is great. You have to enjoy it. It just means there's a great opportunity ahead of you.