2015 Playoff Notes:
- Currently in the NHL's Top 10 in playoff face-off percentage (57.9 percent).
NHL Playoff Notes:
- Ranked seventh in face-off efficiency during the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs (60.1 percent).
- His first goal as a member of the Predators was Nashville s first goal of the 2012 playoffs, a 3-2 win over Detroit in Game One of the Western Conference Quarterfinal.
- Helped the Buffalo Sabres to back-to-back Eastern Conference Finals in 2006 and 2007 and was one of 11 Sabres to play in all 18 playoff games in 2006.
Additional Playoff/Championship Notes:
- Represented Team USA at the 2011 World Championship where he played in six games.
- Tied for the Rochester team lead in goals (5) and points (11) during the 2005 Calder Cup Playoffs.
- Tied for ninth in the 2001 WHL Playoffs in points (10g-6a-16pts), helping Portland to the WHL Final.
That was something I've been dreaming of, something I've told myself before the third period I was going to do ... It was an amazing feeling. It's hard to describe. I didn't believe it went in at first but when I saw all the reaction and all the fans going crazy and my teammates going crazy, it's just an unbelievable feeling. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know whether to jump or just skate and do a Theo Fleury. I don't think I'm the same caliber player he is so I couldn't do it.
— Flames forward Mikael Backlund on scoring the overtime winner against the Ducks in Gm. 3