|NUMBER:||6||BIRTHDATE:||August 14, 1985 (AGE 29)|
|HEIGHT:||6' 4"||BIRTHPLACE:||Sicamous, BC, Canada|
|WEIGHT:||233||DRAFTED:||NSH / 2003 NHL Entry Draft|
|Shoots:||Right||ROUND:||2nd (49th overall)|
- Tallied 10 points (5g-5a) in his last nine games.
- In 42 games played in 2014, recorded 34 points (14g-20a), three GWGs and a +11 rating.
- He led all d-men in goals (23).
- Tied for third among NHL d-men in points (23g-33a-56pts).
- Led the team and ranked 10th in the NHL in BS (173).
- First on team and ranked in the Top 25 of NHL d-men in hits (169).
- In 2013-14, he was the first player since the NHL started keeping the hits and blocked shots categories annually in 2005-06, to post 20 goals, 150 blocked shots and 150 hits.
- He is one of three d-men to lead their team in scoring and last season (2012-13) became the first Preds d-man to lead the team in points.
- The Preds went 17-1-2 when he scored.
- Ranked fourth in the NHL, and led the team, in average TOI (26:54).
- Served as an Alternate Captain for Canada at the 2014 Olympics, winning Gold while posting six points (3g-3a).
- Titles won: 2014 Olympics, 2010 Olympics, 2007 WC, 2005 WJC, 2003 & 2005 WHL Titles, 2004 Memorial Cup
Watch the most heart-warming moments from the coolest game on earth. WATCH NOW ›
There's no discouragement in that room. There's no issues there at all to be honest with you. It's more about, 'Hey, it's opportunities for players.' And if we become that bad of a team because of one player, it's not a real good sign for our hockey club. So this is part of sports. It's part of hockey.