- Tied his career high with two assists on Jan. 6 at Chicago.
- Had a season-high two points (1g/1a) in his return to the lineup on Dec. 20 at Buffalo.
- Missed 10 of 11 games due to a leg injury, Nov. 22 to Dec. 18.
- Was placed on IR, Dec. 11 (retroactive to Nov. 29) and activated on Dec. 20.
- Scored 1:15 into the first period on Nov. 4 vs. Vancouver, the second quickest goal by an Avs player in 2014-15.
- Was activated from the Injured Non-Roster list on Oct. 16 and scored a short-handed goal in his season debut that night in Ottawa.
- The goal was Mitchell's first career short-handed tally and marked the third time in as many seasons with Colorado that he's scored a goal in his first game of the year.
- Began the season on the Injured Non-Roster list, forcing him to miss the first four games of the year.
- Set career highs in assists (21) and points (32) while appearing in 75 games for Colorado last season.
Traded to NY Rangers by Toronto for NY Rangers' 7th round choice (Viktor Loov) in 2012 Entry Draft, February 28, 2011. Signed as a free agent by Colorado, July 1, 2012.