- Did not dress on Nov. 22 vs. Carolina due to a leg injury.
- Leads the Avalanche in faceoff percentage at 54.0% (116/215).
- Scored 1:15 into the first period on Nov. 4 vs. Vancouver.
- Was activated from the Injured Non-Roster list on Oct. 16 and scored a short-handed goal in his season debut that night in Ottawa.
- The goal was Mitchell's first career short-handed tally and marked the third time in as many seasons with Colorado that he's scored a goal in his first game of the year.
- Began the season on the Injured Non-Roster list, forcing him to miss the first four games of the year.
- Set career highs in assists (21) and points (32) while appearing in 75 games for Colorado last season.
- His 11 goals were one shy of his career best set with Toronto in 2008-09.
Traded to NY Rangers by Toronto for NY Rangers' 7th round choice (Viktor Loov) in 2012 Entry Draft, February 28, 2011. Signed as a free agent by Colorado, July 1, 2012.
I'm sure [my father] was going crazy up there. I hope all of my friends were celebrating in the crowd. Coming back here and all of my friends and family are here, getting a goal in front of them is special.
— Blues forward Ryan Reaves on scoring the game-winning goal Sunday against the Jets in his hometown of Winnipeg