- Is on a two-game point streak to open the season with his assist Oct. 10 at BUF and is tied with Jason Garrison for the Lightning scoring lead (3 points)
- Will serve as an assistant captain for the season
- Set a new career high for assists with 30 and tied his career-high for points with 54
- Posted 24 goals in 77 games in his first full season with the Lightning
- Led the Lightning for hits with 184
- Skated in his 500th career NHL game on Dec. 11 vs. Carolina and recorded his 300th career NHL point on Feb. 5 at Dallas
- Appeared in 25 postseason games, pacing the Lightning and ranking 2nd in the NHL with 83 hits
- Made his Lightning debut on March 6, 2014, vs. Buffalo and tallied his 1st point (an assist) a game later on March 8 vs. Boston
- Skated in 6 games with Team USA at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia
- Had his best season statistically with the New York Rangers in 2011-12, posting career highs for goals (29) and points (54)
OHL Second All-Star Team (2006) AHL All-Rookie Team (2007)
Traded to Tampa Bay by NY Rangers with NY Rangers' 1st round choice (later traded to NY Islanders NY Islanders selected Joshua Ho-Sang) in 2014 Entry Draft and NY Rangers' 1st (later traded to NY Islanders NY Islanders selected Anthony Beauvillier) and 7th (later traded to Edmonton Edmonton selected Ziyat Paigin) round choices in 2015 Entry Draft for Martin St. Louis and Tampa Bay's 2nd round choice (later traded to Calgary Calgary selected Oliver Kylington) in 2015 Entry Draft, March 5, 2014.
Well, for me this one's concerning, the way we performed. Because three games in, playing a desperate team on the road, I was expecting something else than this. Right now, I'm just disappointed. The other games, I thought we did some things that you can build off your game. There wasn't a lot accomplished in tonight's game.
— Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards after a 4-2 loss to the Sabres on Monday dropped Columbus to 0-3-0
TONIGHT ON NHL NETWORK
5:00 ET: NHL Live Powered by Constellation 7:00 ET: NHL Tonight