|NUMBER:||87||BIRTHDATE:||August 7, 1987 (AGE 26)|
|HEIGHT:||5' 11"||BIRTHPLACE:||Cole Harbour, NS, Canada|
|WEIGHT:||200||DRAFTED:||PIT / 2005 NHL Entry Draft|
|Shoots:||Left||ROUND:||1st (1st overall)|
|Art Ross Trophy||2006-2007|
|Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award||2009-2010|
|Hart Memorial Trophy||2006-2007|
|Ted Lindsay Award||2006-2007 / 2012-2013|
|Maurice Richard Trophy||2009-2010|
2013-14 REGULAR SEASON:
Home: 15GP 7G-16A-23PTS +1 Even Strength: 10G-15A-25PTS Shorthanded: 0G-0A-0PTS
Road: 15GP 8G-10A-18PTS +3 Power Play: 5G-11A-16PTS
* Leads team in points (41) and shots (105).
* Notched point in 23 of 30 games.
* 1st on team w/ 12 multiple-point games.
* 4th on team in faceoffs (380-357, 51.6%).
* Reached 700 points (251G-450A) in his 497th NHL game-the fastest active player to do so.
* Has 9-game home point-streak (4G-9A) dating back to Oct. 25 vs. NYI.
* Tied-2nd on team w/2 GWG after notching 6th career OT GWG @ NYI Dec. 3.
* Tallied 3 assists in 500th career game vs. SJS Dec. 5.
* Notched game-deciding shootout goal vs. TOR Nov. 27.
* Had 8-game point streak (7G-10A) from Oct. 3-21.
* NHL 'Second Star' of Oct.
* Led all NHL players in Oct. w/21 points (8G-13A).
* NHL 'Second Star' of week Oct. 14-20.
* NHL 'Third Star' of week Oct. 7-13.
* Notched 8th career regular-season hat trick @ TBL Oct. 12.
HIGHS: G: 3 A: 5 P: 6
2014 Bridgestone Winter Classic rink build is underway. WATCH NOW ›
I think offensively, a lot of us are fighting it a little bit, and you don’t play with swagger and confidence when you are fighting it.