- Opened the season with a four-game point streak (2g/5a) from Oct. 10-16
- Had a four-game point streak (1g/3a) from Oct. 21-28
- Appeared in his 400th NHL game on Oct. 30 at Colorado
- Scored four goals for the first hat trick (and natural hat trick) of his career on Jan. 16 vs. Pittsburgh
- Placed on injured reserve with an upper-body injury following the All-Star break on Jan. 26 (retroactive to Jan. 19)
- Returned to the lineup on Mar. 10 vs. NY Rangers after missing 22 games
- Recorded his 300th NHL point (a) on March 24 vs. Minnesota
USHL All-Rookie Team (2006) USHL First All-Star Team (2006) USHL Rookie of the Year (2006) WCHA All-Rookie Team (2007) WCHA Second All-Star Team (2007)
Missed majority of 2010-11 due to training camp shoulder injury and resulting surgery.
For six months, it's a really good accomplishment. But as soon as April [11, the end of the regular season] comes around, no one thinks about the regular season anymore. For six months, it's a real battle to get into the playoffs in the NHL these days. There are a lot of good teams, and it takes consistency over a long time.
— Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau on clinching a playoff berth after a win against the Islanders on Saturday