- Suffered a hand injury on Oct. 23 at Boston and placed on injured reserve Oct. 25 (retroactive)
- Removed from injured reserve on Nov. 13 after missing eight games
- Recorded points in four straight games (1g/3a), interrupted by injury, from Oct. 21 - Nov. 15
- Missed two games due to a lower-body injury suffered Dec. 6 at Ottawa
- Missed a game due to an upper-body injury on Jan. 6 at Vancouver
- Had three assists on Jan. 16 vs. Pittsburgh
- Recorded his 200th NHL point (assist) on Feb. 3 vs. Florida
Signed as a free agent by Bietigheim (German-2), November 9, 2012.
For six months, it's a really good accomplishment. But as soon as April [11, the end of the regular season] comes around, no one thinks about the regular season anymore. For six months, it's a real battle to get into the playoffs in the NHL these days. There are a lot of good teams, and it takes consistency over a long time.
— Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau on clinching a playoff berth after a win against the Islanders on Saturday